Hello & welcome to the De La Salle College Transition Year Page!
Transition Year (TY) is an optional one year programme that our students may opt for when they finish their Junior Cycle.
TY was first offered in the College in 1998 & in the intervening years has gone from strength to strength, with approximately 70% of our Third Year students applying for the programme.
The TY programme in De La Salle College is built around three key areas:
- Subject Content: Students will get to sample all potential Leaving Certificate subjects, on a modular basis, over the course of the programme, which will assist in making better subject choices for Leaving Certificate.
- Work Experience: Students will get to take part in three week-long work experience placements which will assist them in making better career choices & may assist them in the subject choices for Leaving Certificate.
- Events: Students will get to experience a wide variety of events, some compulsory, some optional, that they would not get the opportunity to experience in any other year.
The benefits to students who throw themselves into TY and engage with the correct spirit are numerous & include:
- Maturity: Students should be more self-confident, resilient & adaptable.
- Skills: Students should be better equipped to cope with the demands of the LC & life in general.
- Study: Students should be better equipped for the LC, making more informed subject choices & course/career choices after LC.
On this page, you will find details of the TY Programme that is offered here in De La Salle College. Please take a read of all content & if you have any queries on any TY related matters, please feel free to contact me via e-mail (email@example.com) or through the school office @ 042-9331179.
Transition Year Co-ordinator